Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Beautiful Day


The heat has disappeared already - two days were apparently enough for it - and we've been left with temperatures in the lower 70s, not a cloud in the sky, a light breeze & air that smells so sweet.

Saturdays always are uber-animal day in PT because of the Farmers' Market. This is a town that loves its animals dearly. They're out every day but in full force on Saturdays because of the Market. They greet each other with the same friendliness their owners display toward other owners. It's quite precious.

Speaking of animals, I'm adding a photo of Lenny, the rabbit. I first read about Lenny in The Leader, the weekly paper. Lenny was taken from his hutch on the main drag down from Aldrich's. In typical PT style, a polite note was left in his empty home, "Dear family, I have decided a vacation is quite in order. I will return once my adventures are complete. Love –” with an inked paw print to "sign" it. He is so precious I can see why someone would WANT to take Lenny, but that doesn't excuse the anguish they caused over his loss. Several days later, after he was featured in The Leader, Lenny returned safe & sound with blue ink residue still on his paws. Every time I see Lenny, he has a bounty of Aldrich's day old veg at his paws. Such an exciting life he leads! Since my iPhone photo was so poor, I'm posting a photo from The Leader instead today only.

I found Nonie & Chloe outside this morning coming back from a romp on the beach. I've already told her that Chloe is going to refuse to go back to Tucson when she leaves. Chloe's already a PT dog! Nonie went with me on the spur of the moment to the Rose which had a piped-in production of "London Assurance" from NT Live. I've written about these performances before - they're recorded in HD at the National Theatre of London and broadcast in 22 countries around the world. Emma Freud introduces each play and also interviews a pivotal individual from the production - this time Nicholas Hytner, the director, who provided insight into his thought process for L.A. As this was the last (an added treat) of this season, I'm already looking forward to the next one which will feature Hamlet, FELA!, Frankenstein directed by Danny Boyle & Complicite's A Disappearing Number. PT may be a small town at the end of a highway, but it never lacks for interesting activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment