Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Only In A Small Town...




would you go to the orthodontist on a Sunday. My 15 year old permanent retainer waited until I was in PT to fail. The local orthodontist makes his own appointments & he offered one on Sunday. Needless to say, I was floored but when I arrived, he'd already seen a previous patient & had another waiting when I left.

My morning walk today included the downtown loop. It's a longer route than my usual stroll and I always swing through the marina as a part of it. The Relay for Life was winding down at Memorial Stadium and downtown was full of people enjoying the incredible weather. Today, I saw a sign you'd probably only see in PT - I'm posting a photo. What you can't see is the word "wood" around the corner of the box.

When I finished my walk I went by 523 and was surprised to see the garage door taking shape. I had been told it would be installed on Tuesday - what a pleasant surprise! I met the installer - who is also PT's new interim school superintendent after 20+ years as superintendent in a town on the west coast of WA. I also "met" his son (well, only his hand behind the door...) who was helping him. I'm posting a photo of the door, which I believe really helps polish the overall look of 523. And when the hardware is added, it will look even better.

Tonight was such a gorgeous evening that after looking at chandeliers online for hours and talking to some friends back in Dallas, I set out for an evening walk. I must be getting thicker blood, as I saw some people out with their jackets on but I only needed my light vest! I'm posting a photo of the darling pooch waiting for his human at Aldrich's - a daily sight and never unappreciated for its preciousness!

I'm off here - awaiting "Mad Men's" premiere.

More tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. top picture is a classic!
    The house is looking wonderful Lili...you must be getting down to the short strokes now.

    ReplyDelete