Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

This & That



I found this little boy outside Aldrich's really chowing down on a piece of watermelon. I spoke with his mom and she told me that his name was Denver & that it was his birthday. He would barely stop his devouring to talk about his birthday and his watermelon. Kids LOVE Port Townsend as there's so much to keep them in a state of wonder from simple walks to classes ranging from the arts to marine life. Such an idyllic life for them and the best part is, many of them realize it.

And I forgot about this little clump of violas that I found on a walk recently. It is growing right out of the middle of an asphalt driveway. Determined to be showy while it lives and it is! I admire it every day I walk by and continue to be amazed at its beauty in the middle of such starkness.

The interior photos will probably stop at this point since there isn't a huge difference day to day, although cumulatively it obviously has changed. Barry & Shane are hard at work on the tile work, the gutter guys have been on the roof installing, more insulation was added today, the painter continues to prep and the guys are working on trim around the doors & windows. The fireplace is now installed and mortared. It looks fabulous. I ordered carpet on Saturday only to find out today that they don't have enough of it at the mill so they're going to have to make more for my job so it will all be from the same dye lot.

I went to Sequim today for the usual end of the job items that always pop up - door stops, toilet seats and even a garbage disposal. They're so quiet these days! It can barely be heard - thankfully! On the way back, the "elk crossing" signs were flashing along Highway 101 as a warning to all the motorists rushing along. It led me to remember one dark night in Vail where Sam, Jason & I had just arrived at the Stollport quite late. We jumped in "Wookie" our Jeep that lived in the parking lot while we were away and headed to the house. Out of nowhere an entire herd of elk/moose/SOMETHING HUGE "cantered" across the road in front of us. I slammed on the brakes and we started counting them in the headlights. As I remember, we lost count at around 28. It was so startling and today I watched closely the entire journey back just in case...

I'm continuing to pack up as the guys are coming tomorrow to move the heavy stuff out of here for me. So I'll be living out of a suitcase until I leave on Friday. But that's not a huge problem in the scheme of things, is it?

I'll be away for awhile so I won't be posting. When I resume, I'm changing the blog. So if you're a Google "Follower" or have contacted me as I discussed in a previous post, then you'll be on the list for the new version if you're interested.

Thank you for reading about the house's journey. Many of you have sent me such complimentary private emails and I've been gratified by your interest. The house will be incredible - I just hope the life inside will be as well!

Lili

No comments:

Post a Comment