Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sequim & Port Hadlock



Well, the "heat" has arrived. Is it possible that only last week we were wearing coats/jackets and this week we're "melting"? My car said it was 88, the iPhone said it was 79 and I say it was hotter. But after tomorrow, we're supposed to dip back into the low 70s which will be heavenly.

Today, after meeting Fred about the cabinets at 523 & conferring with Greg on all things carpentry, I ran by to pick up Nonie, my new downstairs neighbor, and we went to Sequim to meet Pete to order some interior trim. Afterwards, we went to the primo shopping in Sequim - WalMart & Costco. They actually ARE quite nice stores and it was a quick trip over & back. Along the way, we saw the FABULOUS "Model T" that was parked in the Costco parking lot. I've never seen a vintage car in such pristine condition! Nonie is a great neighbor & such an interesting person as well. I'll enjoy her being in PT until she leaves in October for Tucson again. And of course, I'm enjoying Chloe, her rescue dog!

The "tapers" are there working on the next phase of the sheetrock and they're quite good and quite fast. I'm attaching a photo of one of the installers on his "stilts".

Got some things ordered today and will be going to Chris's tomorrow to look at the countertop slab (now in PT) with paint swatches for the kitchen cabinets. Thank goodness we're in the middle of days of blinding sunlight for selecting colors!

Tonight I went with Nancy & Robin to a "cafe" in Port Hadlock at the marina. Quite a gathering and everyone was totally enjoying themselves. Apparently many of them were the owners of sailboats out in the bay. Such a life...

More tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Aren't those stilt-walkers amazing. First time I saw them was in Florida, it was like watching something from Cirque du Soliel!

    ReplyDelete