Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Marina


Seems I don't always escape the building process even on weekends. Since I got back so late yesterday from Seattle, I met Pete at 523 this morning so I could empty out my car which was crammed with items for the house. Got to see the fireplace up close and the many interior doors which were hung while I was on the road. Got the upstairs carpet ordered today along with an area rug for the dining room and I had to wait my turn! That's fine with me - it means that there are other buyers in town & that's great news for all. Of course, it was Farmers' Market as well and what a STUNNING day for it. I woke up to sunlight & it's just now starting to fade at 9:00pm.

Tonight, I walked downtown to meet a new friend, Stephanie, and her two sons who were skating at the town's skate park. Joseph & Daniel are great kids and even more than tolerated a friend of their mom's watching and asking a lot of, probably, ridiculous questions. The last time I was on a skateboard they had metal wheels & it (of course it couldn't have been the "driver") caused my second broken arm when I was flying down a hill and a stick got in the way. See - I've not always been so cautious in life! I've wisely steered clear of them since but it's amazing what kids can do with a skateboard these days. Stephanie & I walked over to the marina and gabbed for quite some time, during which I took tonight's photo of the boats in the marina at about 8:15pm. The sun was so gorgeous on the water & if you look very closely (sorry, it was taken with the iPhone!) you can see Rainier in the middle of the photo.

I'm already packing for my move out of this temporary housing and for my trip to Dallas next week, which can't come soon enough for me, blast furnace or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment