Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hectic



That's what today was. But so much accomplished! Door hardware is now ordered. The cooktop is now ordered so that Chris, the marble man, can have it early to use as a template. Ceiling fans ordered. Lighting trim selected & the last of the electrical-related choices will be made tomorrow.

But the biggest change is the starting of the rock work in the kitchen & dining room. Four men showed up and really endeavored to get rock on the walls today. I think the photo (taken mid-day so I wouldn't be locked out by the gate later) shows the beginning of a gorgeous room. When we went with similar rock in the kitchen in Irving, Sam liked it so much that he said we needed to do the entry also. And he was so very right. Several people commented that they felt like they were walking into a castle as a result. Will be interesting to hear what people think of this area. Pete seems to really like it while Greg, Patrick & Mark haven't been around much for the past couple of weeks since the sheetrockers & painters were there. But they'll return later this week - can't wait to see their reactions, although most of you know I WON'T be there that early to actually witness it!

I'm also posting a photo of the weather today. Very overcast/foggy this morning but, as usual, it burned off fairly quickly in Uptown. The photo is taken from the sunny bluff in Uptown showing the ferry arriving below, shrouded in fog (wish I had a recording of the constant foghorns in the distance).

More tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Which room is the rock-room Lili? It looks stunning.
    Tell me more about your ceiling fans. I'm breaking down and thinking I need them in the bedrooms to help circulate the hot air that accumulates up there. (Never was a fan of fans before~excuse the very bad pun!)
    I LOVE your foggy ferry picture. I'm finding myself longing for Autumn weather already....shhhhh don't tell anyone, it'll start a riot otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lili...the rock looks amazing! I can't wait to see it when it's all done. I'm curious as to where it's all going to be also...there's some in the kitchen isn't there? Such a unique touch...

    I'll keep Jackie's secret too... ;)

    ReplyDelete