Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

523 Wouldn't Exist Without...


Tamara Halligan - my fabulous architect! She's the final integral part of the team for you to meet. I was so fortunate that a friend here "in the business" recommended Tamara when I was looking for someone to design my home. She is simply wonderful - she listens, she's calm & she's created the perfect home for me! As I told her today when we met to go over some extra drawings that Pete needed - she understands "Lili-speak" which is NOT easy when I'm trying to explain something about the house with my deficient architecture vocabulary. My first major in college was interior design but I abandoned it when it became apparent that there was so much architecture involved in the OSU program (that's Oklahoma State, Oregon & Ohio people!) Thank goodness Tamara didn't quit her architecture studies.

Yesterday I was thinking I was in Dallas. It was HOT - yet only in the mid-60's. I am continually befuddled by the weather here. 50 can feel like 70 if the sun is out and yesterday showed me that the 60s can easily feel like the 80s. I thought I'd faint from having my usual layers on when we were standing on the second floor. Downstairs, protected, it felt 15 degrees cooler. But today made up for it. 50s that felt like 30s. A bit dreary, light rain. No concrete pour. But it should happen tomorrow. And at the rate the guys are working, the entire second floor will be framed before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment