Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Friday, April 16, 2010

The Second Floor Starts!


Well, today's photo finally shows some of the progress that has actually been occurring for days - even though you couldn't see it. The new area that was partially framed today is the master bedroom on the front of the house with wonderful sliver views of the water & mountains.

I went to Silverdale this afternoon & got back at dusk. I actually think it's a better picture for detail than any of the previous photos - maybe I should wait until this time every day!

Silverdale is across the Hood Canal Bridge & where you go when you need Macy's, Barnes & Noble, Target, World Market, etc. and don't want to drive into Seattle. It also has a Costco, Home Depot & a Lowe's. You pass Poulsbo on the way and I always have to stop - they have a FABULOUS grocery there called Central Market. No Texas friends - it's not the HEB Central Market. It's actually better. Poulsbo's Central Market is a cross between Whole Foods, HEB's Central Market and Tom Thumb/Safeway. There's not been one thing I've looked for in there that I haven't found. My "acid test" is Applegate Farms ORGANIC Sunday Bacon. Only one Whole Foods in Dallas has it and it's spotty at best even at that one store. I've found it every time I've gone into this CM. I always thought I'd have to take a ferry ride to Seattle for the complete "Whole Foods" experience but thankfully, CM makes that unncessary & it's even open 24 hours!

The drive to/from Poulsbo/Silverdale is gorgeous as well - particularly returning across the 1 1/4 mile long floating bridge late in the afternoon - the water just glistens.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend planned!

2 comments:

  1. Lili...check out http://www.blogger.com/profile/13630767883910250689
    It seems this lady is also building a home in the beautiful Northwest. I don't know if she is anywhere near you, but her photos are lovely! Who knows...you might be neighbours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful house & her finishes are delightful! Wish we could have seen it at every junction. She's across Puget Sound from here - not far as the crow flies but a very different weather pattern, lifestyle...

    HOW do you find these blogs? You're incredible!

    ReplyDelete