Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

More of the Same

A first - I'm not even posting a photo today because I don't think you'd see any change. But three guys were working very hard today nevertheless. You wouldn't believe the work that goes into the form for the front porch alone, much less the smaller pads on the terrace side. It's apparently a great deal of concrete and it obviously has to be contained until it sets up. Won't be poured until next week. Greg was upstairs preparing for Patrick & Mark's company when they frame the upstairs rooms. I was over there several times today and I ALWAYS stand where the windows will be and look out at the treetops, rooftops, mountains & water.

Jeanne (owner of Potpourri NW Interiors in Uptown and one of the first people I met in PT through Lynne & John) and I started going through fabric swatches, paint chips & scanned photos today. We walked over to 523 so she could see the firebrick color and get "the tour". I can't wait to see what we come up with!

The "exciting" part of the day is that I have a new set of tires. Whoop-dee-doo! But I'm now set for another 40,000 miles! Now if I can just steer clear of nails, road debris & curbs...

1 comment:

  1. Living through two new-builds in the past three years has resulted in 6 new tires for the car! Job-sites are best steered clear of!

    ReplyDelete