Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ann Starrett's Mansion




I thought I'd show you what is next door to my temporary lodging. Ann Starrett's Mansion is a "boutique hotel" - not a bed & breakfast. It's an amazing structure - built in 1889 as a gift from a contractor to his young bride. Not bad for an initial cost of $6,000! I stay in a more "modern" building next door which is managed by the Starrett staff. I'm including a photo of the hotel next door as well as some close ups of the stunning blooming trees outside. There are so many types of blooming trees in PT; Richard, the innkeeper, says he THINKS these are a type of plum tree. The "balls of buds" remind me of a rhododendron, although these are obviously not one.

Quiet day - but a beautiful one. Hope yours was as well!

1 comment: