Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Rockin' the Chimney


Well, I've been away for a bit. But what a dramatic change to 523! When I got back to town, there was a hulking chimney in place! I was estimating 2 1/2 stories and it was, as it is today, surrounded by scaffolding. Mouth fell open yet again. This chimney REALLY tells me how tall the house will be when completed - it's about 2 feet taller than the top of the roofline. Believe me - it has gotten LOTS of comments! Today, Loren & crew started rocking the outside - starting from the top down. By tomorrow, they believe they'll be back down to the top of the first floor and will take the scaffolding down and "go away" for awhile so the guys can recommence with the framing on the second floor.

I've now been up there (there's a deck you can't see in the photos) and the view from the front upstairs bedroom is amazing. I can't believe when I bought the lot that I just assumed there would be no view whatsoever. Instead, I'll see a shot of the mountains and the water. The sliver of the view from the downstairs guest bedroom remains as well.

Blooms are everywhere & yesterday was probably the prettiest day since I've been up here, and that says alot.

More tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Do your neighbours still love you Lili???
    BYW...nice to have you back.

    ReplyDelete