Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Friday, April 23, 2010

The Beginning of the Roof...


but don't hold your breath waiting for more for awhile. At the end of the day, I stopped by 523 and was surprised to see the first sticks of the roof. I knew Greg had been working on cuts but I guess it went over my head. Since this area above the garage will be temporarily used for the trusses going over the guest bedroom, I don't anticipate more progress in this area until later but it was wonderful to get a feeling for what the roof will actually look like.

The house on the right is Bud's mom's house. On my first trip to PT, my realtor asked me what I was searching for in a look. We turned the corner & Gussie's house just sat there. I told her - THAT! Almost a year later, Holley & I got to see it via a tour by Bud himself. Unfortunately, it just didn't "work" for me when I got inside - no dining room, tiny kitchen (as IF I'm a cook!), and it needed major updating (although it had the best dog wallpaper I've ever seen!). And it had quite a high asking price. That was when I started trying to get Bud to sell me the extra lot (523) that was included in the house's purchase price. Took awhile, but I'm still thrilled with its location each and every day. I just wish Bud lived next door (he's only a couple of blocks away at his own house) as he's been so gracious about my house. It must be hard to see his mother's property changed in this way but he's been so supportive. I've been told that Gussie was out working in her garden up until 2 weeks before she died in her mid-90s, and the garden shows her loving care. I believe Bud is putting her home on the market soon so I may have new permanent neighbors.

Hope your weekend is already well underway. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment