Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Concrete Progress



WHAT a day! Easy for me to say - I didn't do all the hard work that a large group of men did today at 523. The front porch & french doors' landings were poured this morning. In the cold. Pete had to go buy a sweater in town since the weather in PT was so different from his home about 20 miles away. When I arrived, the concrete truck was already there - rotating. Paul & his son, Ryan, were at work directing the concrete into the forms that the guys had built in preparation for this day. I will say it again - Ryan is such a responsible worker & a YOUNG worker at that. He's a joy to have on the job site (as is his father, obviously!) I've attached photos of Patrick & Paul filling one of the french door forms (2nd photo) as well as Patrick, Paul & Ryan filling the huge form that defined the front porch (1st photo). Patrick is quite tall so after looking at the first photo, you can tell how much concrete there now is in the front porch! I was told that the concrete for these three areas was almost the same as the house's footings.

I've also attached a first - a short clip of Patrick & Mark working on finishing the front porch. We goaded Patrick into narrating the process.

Suffice it to say, all the guys went home spent this afternoon. But there is a wonderful broom pattern in all three areas surrounded by a "vintage look" edge. I have newfound respect for concrete as a result.

Pete & Greg - after the ribbing I took on Mark's original post, you two will be heavily featured soon! Look out!


NOTE! THERE'S AN ERROR WITH UPLOADING THE SHORT CLIP. I'LL KEEP TRYING...

No comments:

Post a Comment