Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Caught!




When I got home tonight, two deer were dining on the gorgeous flowers across the street. One cooperated as I tried to take their photo. Have you ever seen such an "innocent" face? These two were very "tame" - they voluntarily walked within five feet of me when they crossed the street for their next course.

What happened today? Lots, as usual. Loren & his crew finished the chimney which makes way for others to now do their work. Greg & Patrick worked inside on blocking while Mark was working on the front porch - particularly the ceiling treatment.

I bought some strawberries from Sequim at Aldrich's. They're obviously well-known around here, and after tasting them I think I'd have to equate them to Pecos cantaloupes. There IS a difference! They were so fresh that they are sold with the dirt/sand still on them. I thought Driscolls were good, but they pale beside these. Love the fresh produce around here!

5 comments:

  1. Adorable deer...poor flowers! If you check out Ivy Lane's blog...she's had two babies hanging out in her back yard for a few days now...no parents yet...they are so sweet.

    Speaking of sweet, I can't wait to go strawberry picking (fingers crossed), and taste the real thing. How fortunate that you have already!

    Stone work looks beautiful by the way!

    (sounds like a monsoon outside right now...you?)

    Jessica~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, innnocent-faced little buggers! The chimney is gorgeous Lili...that stone is so beautiful.
    We have our Strawberry Festival (?) here in NOTL on Saturday, so I'm hoping for some wonderful creations.
    Don't know how this works, because I'm certainly no geographically close to either you or Jessica, but we're having a monsoon too right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie & Jessica,

    No monsoon here at all - not even a drop that I'm aware of! One of the big mysteries to me of living in the Pacific Northwest is how everyone stays up so late (11:00pm) for the local news/weather/sports. It was 10 in Dallas & I thought that was late enough. Yet most people have to be at work at the same time as those in Dallas (with the exception of the bank - a 10:00 opening) That is leading to the fact that I rarely hear the Seattle weather. Guess this helps explain how PT gets half the rainfall annually that Seattle gets!

    Enjoy your strawberries girls! They truly do have a different taste here, just like most local foods do. Can't wait to taste a local tomato when it's their turn - the true "acid test"!

    Are either of you members of Slow Food? I am, but not "active" - that will have to wait until the house is complete & I have a functioning kitchen (and brain!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A member for two years now. I beat on about it so the family are sick and tired of me! It'sall about the intent Lili. Go Local!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think people stay up later here because it stays light later...confuses the internal clock but the system gets used to it after a while. I'm continually trying to become a morning person, but I feel I will forever be a night owl...it's a daily struggle!

    We are very interested in the slow food movement...just haven't taken the time to get involved due to being severely house distracted.

    Jackie! I can't believe you were having a monsoon too!

    ReplyDelete