Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday, Monday...




NOT the best day. Lots to decide today & a prior cooktop selection is wreaking havoc on the kitchen. Insulators started today & while they arrived quite late, I was amazed at what they accomplished by the time they left fairly early. Photo is attached of the future TV-reading room. Mark was finishing up the shingling around the garage door and I was fortunate that Pete, Greg & Jack (Mark's son) helped me move the heavy items from my place. I'm moving upstairs for the duration as they leased this place to another woman for the coming months when PT is at its best weather-wise.

The Fourth of July - my second favorite holiday - is coming & Nancy's house has the bunting out. So festive already. Fireworks stands are doing bustling business closer to Bainbridge Island - one even has grocery carts for their customers. How many fireworks do these people buy? PT has its fireworks display out in the bay on a barge. I hope this is an enjoyable Fourth, PT-style.

I found a "surprise" against the front door when I finally got back today. My Callaway driver came early (most deliveries to PT seem to take an extra day). I'm looking forward to re-starting golf lessons in this climate - a good temperature to learn in.

More tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. What is your 'first' favourite holiday. Given all the stuff you bought at the Paris flea market, my guess would be Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a memory you have! Yes, it's Christmas. But New Year's may be a new Third Place...
    Remember the two Christmas prints you found in the bins at the stall where I got so much scrap paper? They framed beautifully!

    Yours?

    BTW, I still have the old Paris architecture prints you helped me put together while we were there. If the brain is still functioning then, I'll be sure to take a photo of them when they're hung in the new house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you look really, really carefully, you will see one of the the two cheeky 'fairy 'prints I bought framed beside the bed in the last photo of the closet pics. Of course, the hightlight of that buying trip for me were the Andy Warhol Chanel #5 and the Publicis Tattinger prints on canvas which I had framed and still adore!

    Would love to see everything when you are settled Lili!

    ReplyDelete