Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

"Typical" Saturday?




Another beautiful Saturday in PT! 62 which felt like 82. PERFECT. The Farmers' Market was wonderful and while I'm not buying food yet since the stove where I am isn't vented & it sets off the smoke alarm anytime I use it, I do enjoy seeing everything the vendors feature. By the time I got there, the morel mushrooms were sold out but thankfully, not the Cape Cleare salmon.

I strolled by 523 on the way to the Post Office, hoping the roofers would be there so I could get by the very heavy fence with their help, but they must have taken a day off, understandably. So I didn't "visit" 523 today. But when I went to the Post Office, I walked across Washington to see all the activity in the bay. Must have been a regatta today. I'm posting a photo of a group of the sailboats. The second "water photo" will need your best eyeballs to see what I'm trying to show - Mt. Rainier! It's between the two trees, faintly outlined. It's amazing to me that it's visible since it's about 100 miles away!

After several errands, I stopped at Aldrich's for my usual. Aldrich's has a glass "garage door" that they raise on gorgeous days like this. Unfortunately, by the time I got my camera, the pooch in the photo had assumed a more "normal" position rather than the darling stance he had prior. I'm aways shocked these dogs stay put. It's like they know they aren't allowed in - they will put their noses in the doorway but that's about it - while their humans are inside. All I know is that Bear would be in the next county before I got out with only 5 items! But this is a good example of a day at Aldrich's, which is at "Main & Akard" for those of you in Dallas. I've been told its corner is a vortex of energy and it truly is the heart of Uptown. I've been to all the groceries in town now multiple times and while each has a strong point, I've recently realized that Aldrich's will be "my" grocery. I wish all the other photos I took of its interior hadn't been so fuzzy. I think I've worn this camera out. When the house is finished, it may be retired!

Hope your weekend is going well...

No comments:

Post a Comment