Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Scoffolding's Gone...Again




How many times has the scaffolding appeared & disappeared? MANY. And it's not over yet since the sheetrock opening will have to be closed up at some point. But today, Mark & Jim finished the high wall on the back of the house, leaving only the more easily reachable guest bedroom wall. That should be completed tomorrow. Patrick & Greg worked on getting the garage ready for its final layer of concrete early tomorrow and setting the Solatubes in the bathrooms, as well as blocking for the intricate bracket that will support the TV later.

Tamara, my wonderful architect, came over today to show 523 to some important people - her family. Her parents, Jay & Donna, were in from Minnesota and of course they brought Tamara's beautiful daughter, Ciara, with them. PT has a lot of connections with Minnesota and before long, everyone was talking about places they knew there, including Jim (the electrician) who was over for one last "DirecTV plug". While I knew from earlier conversations that Tamara had played basketball, I didn't know that Jim was a local basketball coach. He's leaving the girls' team for the boys' this year. Since basketball is about the only sport I can understand, I will probably have to go watch at some point.

Just got back from a leisurely stroll through town after stopping at Jeanne's to look at wallpaper. What did I notice today? That the FATHERS were out with the strollers about this time. I usually walk a little later and had never seen them out before. Ran into Drew, a neighbor from up the street & his darling daughter in her stroller as well.

I'm attaching a photo of Mt. Rainier - I hope it's viewable. This evening was probably the clearest I've seen it since I've been up here. It's jaw-dropping to me since it's 100 miles away - so majestic!

Hope you had a good walk through your neighborhood this evening as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment