Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Typical Saturday, For Now...



Saturdays seem to be almost always the same. Farmer's Market and a trip somewhere for the house. Today, I met up with Nancy & we went through the farmer's market before stopping at "The Spot" for soup & a crab cake. We found a bench and sat down to catch up. I am always in awe of her mothering - with five kids still at home she's about the calmest person I know. Maddie invited me to go to the midnight showing of the third "Twilight" film and I told her I'd go. Nancy is coming with us and perhaps another of Maddie's siblings. Since the author, Stephanie Meyer, has her vacation home nearby and the films' setting is supposed to be western Washington, it has quite an allure around here. Sam & I were walking through Port Angeles a while back waiting for the ferry to Victoria and I kept seeing "Twilight" posters everywhere. At that point, I didn't know about the juggernaut that had already swept the publishing world. While I had seen posters while in Barnes & Noble, I just didn't "get it". I thnk you'd have to live under a rock to not know about it now. Just hope film #3 is better than #2 was!

One thing I often forget is how many motorcycles cruise around town on the weekends. If I don't go downtown, I'm oblivious since most of them don't come Uptown. But were they ever in evidence today! IF I drive through downtown on the weekends, I see the vibrancy that exists there - the street corner musicians, the rowers, the pooches, the shoppers, the walking tours led by members of the historical society. And it's just a few blocks away...

Then on to Silverdale for 523-related stops. Silverdale is where the "Big Box" stores are if you head toward Seattle. I believe I will have a PhD in LED TVs before I purchase one. It's mind boggling and as a woman who was checking out with a new system said when I asked if she & her husband would be doing the installing, "Heavens no! If you're not in your 20s you don't have a clue." Truer words were never spoken! I'm totally itimidated.

When I walked past 523 tonight, I had a first. A beautiful (there's that word again...) cat was sitting on the front porch's step. It seemed quite content and at home. Since it had a collar on, I doubt if it will adopt 523 permanently but it was quite dear to see something enjoying it already.

I'm posting some photos from my favorite perch at the end of the street - the boats were certainly enjoying the gorgeous weather today!

2 comments:

  1. Glorious Lili! The water is blue!
    When you have a minute (!), go to http://redticking.blogspot.com/
    Another Seattle blogger with a vintage interior store there too. I don't know if you are going to use an interior designer, but I believe she supplies that service too.
    And it all started with a trip to the Paris flea market.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures Lili! I can feel the sun...just from your pictures though, pretty chilly here again today and the sun hasn't shown itself yet, as it did yesterday.

    How wonderful about the cat...we had several hanging out here during construction too...the workers grew pretty attached to them.

    Red Ticking is a wonderful store and Pam is an sweetie! You'll love her blog and her store if you can get there...good one Jackie!

    Have a great week...best on all the house stuff!

    ReplyDelete