Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ships & Shingles




When I set out for 523 today, I noticed out of the corner of my eye this ship out in the bay. I hurried over to the Post Office where I could park & take this photo - I was amazed at how quickly this vessel was moving. It didn't even appear to be moving yet I almost missed it.

More shingling today. The side living room wall was completed & the pesky "long wall" too! I've decided the long wall is my favorite. Perhaps it's that you see so many different textures when you look at it. The scaffolding might be moved tomorrow, but perhaps not until Erwin finishes the painting/staining under the gable. And I THINK the roofers are now finished (or they were at the end of the day).

Lots of talk today about inverters for solar arrays, brackets for shelving, heights for showerheads, placement of exterior light fixtures, colors of rock treatments, timing for delivery of the finishes. My brain is tapped out. It's looking forward to a Friday and a weekend like a school kid!

5 comments:

  1. Don't know what you have on for the weekend Lili, but I think you had better check out http://mimicharmante.blogspot.com/
    I think her latest blog has your name written all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While it is going to have some unusual events, just one brief look at this blog has me salivating! Now, if I can just get someone to come ARRANGE all my little lovelies - items I've accumulated over the years, items from my mom, items from friends & family...

    Her blog reminds me of the girls' trip to Paris! I'm so ready for another one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The enchantment continues!

    Did you ever think you'd have to think about showerhead heighth? I sure didn't! Nor...where do want your pocket door hardware? Excuse me? Isn't there just a standard placement for all that stuff? There were so many of those...let me know if I can be of any assistance Lili if your brain freezes up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. IF it freezes up? Does it EVER unfreeze? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes you think differently doesn't it, having all these decisions to make? I know, if I ever rule the world, I would make every screwhead the same and the 11th commandment would be, "Thou shalt have only ONE screwdriver!"

    ReplyDelete