Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Coming Soon - Shingles!


Today a load of old-growth cedar shingles were delivered to the job site. I'm no connoisseur of cedar, but the guys were gushing about them. Mike made a sample board of two installation styles and while one is in the lead, I'm deciding tomorrow morning. First, the corner trim & window trim have to be finished which should happen in short order.

The electricians were back today and we're doing a walk through tomorrow to check all the plugs, switches, and light fixtures for location. Thank goodness I'll have a "map" to help me. While this is a small house, it's shocking the number of switches involved. I THINK they're fairly intuitive - we'll find out when I move in. I've been so impressed by the guys at Frederickson Electric. You can tell they've done this many, many times as they point out things that I had not considered, and I've been thinking about this house almost non-stop for months now. Sometimes, it just takes fresh eyes.

The day started out as one of the sunniest yet and we easily exceeded the expected temperature of 60 but the wind was with us. By this afternoon, it was overcast & almost cold, yet the temperature had only dropped to 53 (which as you know by now can feel like 73 or 33!)

Today was the season opener of the Wednesday Farmers' Market on Polk Street - 1/8 of a block from 523. It's much smaller than the Saturday market with its carnival atmosphere but still delightful. More about it next Wednesday when I have a moment to truly check it out.

Back to my homework for tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Lili I can hardly believe the progress...well done! Your house is
    is looking stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Victoria! Looking forward to the day when you & Jackie are enjoying a visit here!

    ReplyDelete