Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Sequim & Port Angeles




Where does the time go? Seems like I didn't stop today. Got up early & stopped by 523 to check in with the guys before heading to Sequim. I got to see what happens when forests get a springtime of rain - they're lush & gorgeous! After a couple of hours in Sequim & Port Angeles (where you catch the ferry to Victoria, B.C. & the Empress Hotel, if you're lucky), I headed back. I noticed quite a few logging trucks - something we don't see in Texas. The logs' cut ends look like a freshly snapped sweet potato in color - simply beautiful.

Every time I re-read my entries, I see how often I use the word "beautiful". Whenever I write or read that word, I hear my dear father-in-law Ben's voice. He had a particular way of saying "beautiful!" that makes me think of him so often as a result. I can still hear and see him saying it - usually with a beaming face. Not a bad word to be forever linked with, is it?

I've got to admit, I love the road from Fat Smitty's back to PT. Pete has described it as the most beautiful stretch that isn't in a state or national park. He should know as he drives it daily. It's curvy & overlooks the water when you can see it through the thick vegetation. Afraid I'm enamoured with driving the curves at the max the speed limit will allow. Today was great - no semis in front of me.

Spent alot of time at Jeanne's today looking at fabric & wallpaper. We were both cross-eyed at the end. But we found great wallpaper (small amount needed behind shelving) but that's a few more checks off the list. Mr. B the cat, ever elusive, even made an appearance. Could it have been the treats that his owner, Ginny, gave me to lure him out of hiding?

Today's photo is of the curing garage floor. It's probably the cleanest it will ever be! And it seems that everyone in PT who works with concrete can't stand the thought of wasting any of it. Today's finisher left me a stepping stone with a fern frond imprint since ferns are everywhere around here. And for Dottie - a photo of her Mark finishing up the last of the shingling with the exception of the small area for sheetrock entry & around the soon to be installed garage door.

More tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I love your stepping stone Lili...what a great idea. Next time I see a cement truck in the neighbourhood, I'm going to hang around and chat-up the driver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our garage floor looked like that once, not that long ago...it ended up being used by all the workers and now it's a mess...the carpenter, the painters, etc...We're going to clean it up and re-seal it, soon.
    I absolutely love the stepping stone...what a nice thing to do and what a sweet memento to have!

    ReplyDelete