Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Wall of Shingles


It's been an intense week at 523. Things are REALLY flying now and decisions are needed hourly. I do not know how anyone builds without living nearby. The electricians were here installing what Erik & I agreed on during our walk-through. The roofers were back again - amazingly with only minor sunburn - working on the "swoosh" side of the roof (which never photographs well due to the tree in the front corner). And the guys were working on window trim & exterior shingles. Today's photo is of "Jim's wall", which in reality is one of the dining room walls. Mike was just finishing his wall when I took this photo - his was under a gable & required more cuts to fit into the angles.

Last night was the first time I felt like a ton of bricks had fallen on me - I was pooped! So I'm going to have an easy weekend - little homework - with just a little Cape Cleare salmon thrown in.

Hope your weekend is a great one!

4 comments:

  1. Love love love!!! I think our houses are related!

    The decision making process is surprisingly tricky isn't it!?! We're still having to make them and I just can't wait till all I have to decide is what to make for dinner ;)!

    Have a wonderful weekend, can't wait to see the rest of the shingles up,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Jessica - will there EVER be a time when the dinner decision is "it"?

    I must admit that the last week has been all-consuming & I haven't checked your blog as a result. But I'm going there right now - hoping to see even more photos of your wonderful home!

    What a compliment that you think our houses are related!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday was the first day of having a computer again and I haven't had the time to post anything new yet...hoping to do so later today. Boxes are everywhere, hard to find something to take a picture of.

    Hang in there with the decisions...they are overwhelming sometimes but well worth it in the end.

    Isn't today beautiful?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Washington state! Those who haven't been here wouldn't believe it. Mt. Rainier was even peeking at us today!

    So looking forward to your latest photos!

    ReplyDelete