Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Early Posting




I know I sound like a broken record, but it's been wild around here the last couple of days in particular. The good news? I finally see an end to this craziness after tomorrow! So I will be able to enjoy the Fourth of July weekend without distractions.

The insulators were back today. They're getting everything ready for the insulation to be pumped in tomorrow. I'm posting a photo of the house with it's white layer ready to hold it all - it's DENSELY packed in! I saw this application on "This Old House" over a year ago - can't believe that I even remember it. Sheetrockers should be right behind them. Pete & I met with Loren today - he's going to do the rock walls in the dining room & kitchen - much like the walls we had in Irving. Decorative iron brackets for the open shelving in the kitchen are on the FedEx truck right now out for delivery. I THINK the appliance problem has been solved, thereby fixing the cabinetry problem. Shower floor tiles - check - ordered today & will be here tomorrow along with the handmade tiles that will accent each of them.

Earlier today I was talking to Gilles about the countertops when Jasmine walked up. She decided to decorate my car while she was politely, but impatiently, waiting for me to hang up so I could talk to her. Here's a photo...

When I arrived at 523 this morning, the line had already started for the Twilight movie tonight. A tent was even set up, but later in the morning it had disappeared and chairs were in its place. I'm guessing the police thought the sidewalks had to remain clear all day. I'm attaching a photo of two women who didn't look real happy about sitting there all day - I know I wouldn't do it! But we will be there tonight for the midnight showing. Guess I haven't lost that "sure, let's do that!" after all.

Probably won't do a post tomorrow as it's the official switch upstairs. I'm already "there", but Qwest won't make the phone/internet switch until the 1st.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment