Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Secret Garden Tour













Cape Cleare has some competition at the Farmers' Market! The Spot had some fabulous crab cakes that they cook on site and today I tried them. I may have to do some rotating of the Saturday menu! PT has wonderful FRESH seafood so it's hard to turn it down, particularly when they cook it for you & you don't have to get the Febreeze out afterwards! I strolled by MMM (my "code" name for 523...) and found the roofer there tending to some last minute tweaks that he felt were important. Gaylinn was under the house working so I actually had some quiet time to go through the house by myself to think through what I was seeing without the usual noise of the saws and hammers. Quite a difference in the quality of thought without those jarring sounds.

Finally, I set out to find the Secret Garden Tour which is sponsored annually by the Master Gardeners of Jefferson County. It's amazing what's hidden behind some of the houses in PT and I only saw 6 of them. I got turned around (and so did the car's navigation system) so I saw parts of PT I didn't know existed. There's an area that looks like Atlanta to me but the overall feeling again today was that of being in Vail. We used to have a second home there and there's nothing like the cool, clean air, stunning sunlight and the birds chirping. It is the same feeling here in PT.

I'm simply going to post some of the photos that I took around town today. My biggest surprise? Probably the dogwood, but you'll see maroon poppies that were as tall as I am, gorgeous lupines (pronounced "loopins" up here), artichoke peeking out of their thick, lush foliage and "ragged" poppies that are stunning.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Lupins...Lili, I love lupins...and fresh artichoke...sounds like the Secret Garden's no secret any more!

    ReplyDelete