Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Loren's Back!



Loren, my stone mason, was back with his crew & his scaffolding today to start the completion of the chimney. I was in Dallas when they did the first portion (on a 55 MPH day from what I heard - can you imagine being on a scaffold at the TOP of this chimney under those conditions?) so I've never seen them in action. Like a swarm of bees - buckets of concrete being hauled up on pulleys, saws trimming the rock to size & then being applied with "ease".

And the front porch shingling is almost finished. That just leaves the terrace area in the back where we're STILL waiting on those replacement French doors as well as the small area just beside the area where Loren's crew is working.

The electricians were back for a city inspection today and the guys were flying with interior framing. I got the interior rock samples today & was quickly on the road to Gilles' to look for marble. Amazing how one "little" aspect can hold up a line of other decisions!

Hope you had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Lili...how come your entire job site looks cleaner than my bedroom after the cove-molding guy was there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Jackie,

    But you didn't see me yesterday hauling large pieces of lumber that Loren's guys left on my neighbor's freshly reseeded yard (necessary due to Loren's equipment's last visit..). My first splinter - not bad!

    How did you decide to finish off the interior of the closets?

    ReplyDelete