Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Another First...













I just drained my camera's battery after recharging it last night. The cause? The Rhododendron Festival's Pet Parade. I have NEVER seen such a darling event! True to typical Port Townsend style, it started a bit late but it was well worth it. Christy, the Rhrododendron Festival Chairman, came over after spotting me in the crowd. She gave me a great narration & history and the events to come as well. I am not going to tell you too much about it - I'm just loading many photos today for you to enjoy. It's too bad that my many small videos are too large to load. The sound effects heighten the experience - the kids giggling and the dogs barking are so fun! BTW, the photo of the "bumblebee" also has Patrick with his son on his shoulders and their dog in the background and I believe Allison as well.

I also pulled alongside a gull today as I left the cleaners. He had a starfish in his mouth & as I got out of the car with my camera, we played a game of cat & mouse. He kept 2 steps ahead of me, flying off once with his morsel only to return close by again. I'm NOT loading the photo of half the starfish down his throat. He wasn't eating it (yet?) but was, I think, hoarding it from me. Little did he know that I didn't have the least bit of interest in eating that starfish!

And the last photo is of the first plumbing at 523 - the kitchen sink's pipe. Gaylinn started today and he & the HVAC man are going to "negotiate" the available space for all their ducts & pipes tomorrow. The poor electrician just gets the space scraps when he arrives!

Tomorrow is the bed race, the kids' parade & the carnival for the Festival. Don't know how it can top today's festivities, but somehow I bet it does.

2 comments:

  1. I love the charming small town events that this area has to offer...I moved here from L.A. which needless to say, had none.

    The seagull picture is great...poor starfish!
    J~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,

    I so agree about small towns - if Dallas had anything like this, after 35 years there I didn't know about it!

    Perhaps you'll make it over here next year to see it yourself! PT is TRYING to get a passenger ferry from Seattle but there's always the Edmunds to Kingston & then across the Hood Canal...

    Lili

    ReplyDelete