Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Seattle




I guess I should leave for the day more often! I got up at 4:30 this morning (yes - SHOCK, Texas friends since that's when I usually go to sleep) to run to Seattle today. Nancy was taking a flight from SeaTac so we got in the car & started off early this morning after stopping at Starbucks & seeing Patrick there getting caffeinated for the day. After I dropped Nancy off, I was on to granite yards, tile shops and architectural salvage stores. Of course, I had to make a quick stop at Central Market & Home Depot too on this side of the ferry run! I'm including photos of one of the cruise ships docked by the WSF site and of "dreary" Seattle.

When I got back, the dormer over the garage finally had taken its shape. The view is wonderful from the window opening. Another extra which was unexpected. While it doesn't show, more roof sheathing had been completed today as well. The roofers can't be far away...

BTW, the house always looks HUGE in these photos. Believe me, it's NOT! We've all heard how the camera adds 5 pounds to people. Well, my camera must add 1,000 square feet to houses!

1 comment:

  1. What a day you had!!! And how exciting that you're picking out your counter tops...I spent a lot of time at the stoneyards in south Seattle and finally found what we were looking for. All the best in finding the marble or granite of your dreams!
    Jessica~

    ReplyDelete