Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Visitors!







I had several wonderful events today - first Lynne arrived from Florida. Lynne & her husband John have lived in PT on & off for years & she's come back to run in the Rhody Run on Sunday (if I'm lucky, I'll be doing the walk). Lynne is an old friend of my cousin, Joan, and she was among the first to welcome me to PT. I found Lynne at the jobsite this morning when I got back from the florist and shortly thereafter, Joan & Howard, my cousin & her husband from Coeur d'Alene pulled up as well. Everyone had to see the house & meet the guys. Their verdict? Great house! I left them at Siren's to catch up with each other while sitting over the bay with "refreshments" while I came back Uptown for the Kids' Parade. Again, I won't narrate, but am simply attaching photos. The couple where the woman is wearing bunny ears are my next door neighbors, Nancy & Carl.

After a few 523 errands, I met up with the gang for a trek downtown for the Bed Race. Again, I saw Christy who introduced me to her husband, second in command at the PT police department, who further introduced me to half the PT police department who teasingly offered me a pair of handcuffs for adornment. Half the neighborhood was there enjoying the hilarity of teams pushing beds down Washington street for the chance of winning the bedpan trophy. I've attached one photo - it was hard to get a great one since they were moving quite quickly each time they were in the street.

Afterwards, Jeanne had a dinner for 15 of us at her apartment. Fabulous food, wine & music & even better conversation. They walked me home late this evening & we probably woke up half the neighborhood with our laughter. I may not be so popular tomorrow!

Rhody activities have been so fun and the big parade is tomorrow. I've heard it's several hours long and that the Farmers' Market is even cancelled - boo hiss. I'll wear an extra thick layer of SPF tomorrow! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment