Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


To all the mothers out there - whatever variety - hope you had a wonderful day doing whatever made your heart happy!

I stayed up quite late last night & slept in today. But I immediately put on my walking shoes and timer watch, plugged in the iPod and set out for a long walk. Didn't realize I wouldn't get home for almost two hours. Took a much longer route than I'd anticipated but it was such a gorgeous day and the temperature was so perfect that I just kept going. Lots of moms out with their kids, lots of photographs being taken on the beach, lots of dogs out with their people & lots of boats out on the water. I met a woman down by the marina who is going to move here with her family when their current house sells. She shares my excitement about PT and feels so fortunate to have found it - and this is after living in LA and Carmel. I just haven't found anyone who doesn't pinch themselves at their fortune to be here. Well, maybe that's easy to say right now because it's so gorgeous outside! And I'm truly not kidding myself - I'm sure there ARE people who are grumblers - but I just haven't met any of them yet.

Today's photo is of Petals, the florist in Uptown that's one block from 523. I imagine they were swamped with Mother's Day orders - I did see quite a few bouquets fly out the door yesterday. It's a precious little shop on the corner and there are always buckets of cut flowers outside - much like what you see in Europe. It's a happy shop and just gives the block such atmosphere.

Hope your weekend was great - let's get a new week started!

No comments:

Post a Comment