Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Blustery Day

?

Well, the NOAA website was finally fairly accurate after being "off kelter" for awhile. It was WINDY today - actually, right now across the ferry route at Whidbey Island's Naval Station it's still blowing at 46 MPH. I'm adding a photo of the bay with its whitecaps - I don't know if the ferry ever left the dock today - it was so choppy & it's such a small ferry (hurry replacement ferry Chetzemoka!) - but it's not sailing right now.

I stopped back by 523 too late for a photo of what actually happened today since the gate was closed. The guys worked on the "bird holes" which help vent the roofing system - while the mesh keeps the birds outside. Maybe tomorrow they'll be featured.

The other photo is what I encountered going into Aldrich's today. Isn't he/she simply the cutest? Well, short of Bear, of course! That "eye swoop" is a first, but not surprising in this wind. I'm always shocked that any dog will sit patiently waiting for their person. This dog waited at least 10 minutes that I'm aware of - who knows how much longer he/she had been there before I arrived. This pooch certainly was raking in the attention from everyone going through the door. People in PT love dogs, whether they're their own or not. Just thought you'd enjoy seeing one of the many darling PT pooches!

2 comments:

  1. How you didn't steal that little darling I don't know! And the whitecaps on your Bay look a lot like the whitecaps on our Lake! Imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took all I had to not snatch him/her! But I knew from the look in the eyes that someone inside was adored and anxiously awaited.

    The whitecaps didn't show very accurately in the photo - too far away. Your lake must be HUGE from the photos I've seen of it!

    I'm off to your blog!

    ReplyDelete