Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Helping the Roof Breathe


It was CHILLY today! Those winds yesterday ushered in a mini-cold front and it was apparent, particularly when I got out without a jacket. Proved to me that my Texas blood still hasn't thickened!

Had several meetings today and finally got over to 523 this afternoon. While from the street it doesn't look that different, the guys have been working on the method that will allow the roof system to breathe when completed. I've attached a photo to show it to you. Greg has been working on the prototype for the "swoosh" on the "Nancy side" of the roof. I always wondered how those little "flips" at the end of the roof edge were created. I had thought they probably soaked the lumber then gently bent it. Heavens no! They determine the desired arc and then cut it with a power saw. Now, I don't know how they did it in early centuries, but that's how they do it now.

When I stopped by Aldrich's tonight, that little scamp wasn't there. He's apparently well known around town as several people knew exactly which dog I was describing. Who knows what I'll find there tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment