Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lazy Saturday





I remember how I was cursing the fact that I had to stay in last weekend with such gorgeous weather outside - & why it couldn't be raining instead. You got it. It rained a bit today (very lightly) and I was out & about. Another wonderful Farmers' Market - had live "Caribbean" music today which somewhat counteracted the less than Caribbean atmosphere.

The gardens are so gorgeous right now that I thought I'd feature a few on the weekends. This is when I wish I had a better camera to catch their brilliant colors. Today I'm sharing Nancy's garden. I think the thing that amazes me about peonies here is the sheer number of buds on each plant. I finally got peonies to grow in Texas, but was LUCKY if each plant had 5 buds & then if 2-3 of them eventually bloomed. Here, each plant is heavily laden with bulbs. As I've said, I'm going to have to work VERY HARD to stay anywhere close to the league of Nancy's and Gussie's (and Nina's, the Holly Hill House B&B!) gardens on either side of me. Thankfully, some of Gussie's plants still remain, including heirloom raspberry vines.

So enjoy just a tiny bit of the beauty that surrounds us.

2 comments:

  1. i believe i have photos from this very same house from june 2009. very cool.
    nikonsniper steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you a local? Your photography is breathtaking. After the house - photography lessons for me, hopefully!

    ReplyDelete