Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

1012



A quiet, overcast day in PT. So peaceful.

While it's not open today, I wanted to introduce you to 1012. I'm not a coffee connoisseur - my previous experience with coffee was limited to the belief that any Starbucks worldwide will produce a like-flavored latte - 1012 has the best latte I've ever encountered. And the ONLY PT Starbucks in "Starbucks Country" (WA) is the one at the Safeway. Tamara, my wonderful architect, introduced me to 1012 one day when we met there to pour over the plans. Mike & Suzy own & run it and there's nothing like the warm welcome you get whenever you pass over their threshold. Suzy knew after one visit what my "usual" was. I don't know what I look forward to more - the yummy latte or visiting with Mike & Suzy! Here are today's photos - one of 1012 & one I took before I ever set foot inside. You knew a pooch had to be involved, didn't you?

But truthfully, my true non-alcoholic beverage goal in life will probably always be to find THE organic, decaf green tea. Either way, I'm fortunate.

2 comments:

  1. So how long will it be before you get a dog?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awhile - and no dog will ever replace "The Bear", as it will have HUGE paws to fill. I'm in a rental now & will probably do some traveling after the house is completed. Wouldn't want to leave a pup for a stretch until I'm first there for a long, uninterrupted length of time...

    ReplyDelete