Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!


I think today's title says it all - it's COLD! While that should be the norm at this time of the year in this part of the country, I think we all were ridiculously spoiled for a couple of weeks with glorious spring-like weather. Last night brought wild winds for HOURS. While I was enjoying it from my warm little rental, I did wonder about those who were on the seas and how they were viewing the gusts.

Today, the guys peeled off the wall forms to reveal a beautiful set of concrete wall supports. Never thought I'd think of concrete as beautiful, but when I pulled up late this afternoon to take this photo, I DID think that! What have I come to?

I met with Tamara, my fabulous architect, today at her home. We fine-tuned a few areas that I had not mentioned to her previously and the office/second guest bedroom was improved mightily by the time I left today. It will enable me to sit at my desk and look out at a possible view of the water/mountains. As with the front of the house, we'll see what this view from the back of the house develops into when the framing gets up to the second story. I'll probably be right behind them as soon as it is structurally sound to get up there. Such possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment