Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Monday, March 8, 2010

The Wall Forms Are Ready!


What a weather day! When I opened the door this morning, there was snow falling! Not the big flaky stuff but definitely snow. Within 30 minutes it was replaced by bright sunlight.

Today's good news is that the media mail boxes containing many of my books, mailed from Irving on February 2, FINALLY arrived! I had started to think they were lost in the US Postal Service's "black hole" so I was thrilled to see the beat-up boxes!

We had breakfast at Salal's, a restaurant on Water Street I'd heard of numerous times & had never checked out for myself. Wonderful breakfast there and then on the road to Seattle for Sam's flight to CA. As we got closer to Seattle, the snow reappeared. By the time we got to SeaTac, it was fairly heavy. I dropped him off then headed back toward town to check out an appliance store there. Within 10 minutes I was in bright sunlight again & then Sam sent me a photo from his iPhone of continued snow at the airport. Less than 10 miles apart. Simply amazing.

I got back to PT just as the sun was setting to snap today's photo. Pete told me over the phone that they had finished the wall forms and will be pouring again tomorrow.

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment