Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bye Bye Boards!


Today's photo is of the foundation now that it has peeled its boards (with a little help from the guys) like a snake sheds its skin. It is so clean and angular! It looks so substantial - particularly when you take into consideration what a small house 523 will be.

And today's musings on living in a small town are about telephone dialing. I accidentally dialed a local number without the area code and it went through! SEVEN digits rather than TEN! I remember when 10-digit dialing came to Dallas - we were up in arms and mad that we were going to be required to enter those 3 extra digits with each call we made. Of course, we fairly quickly acclimated to it but what a furor it was initially. So now I'm back (for some calls) to 7 digits. I imagine it will take me awhile to figure out which local calls require 10, and why.

To my friends in Texas, I'll be awaiting the primary results of "Governor Good Hair" vs Kay Bailey Hutchison. I don't think she ever envisioned such a race when she announced her intentions to leave the U.S. Senate to come home to Texas permanently. Since GGH is probably the most handsome of the governors and since telegeneics plays such a large role in political success (we won't get into that one...), I've been surprised that he hasn't tested the national waters for the next act in his political life. This should be interesting...

Have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment