Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Cover Those Studs!




I know I'm still new here, but there just hasn't been a "normal" PT day yet. I hope there never is one.

I have, until today, refrained from talking on my cell while walking. I want to be aware of all my surroundings but today I needed to talk to Nel, my Texas neighbor. While we were talking, another Lillie crossed my path. Lillie & her human, (while I'm not thrilled with "human", I REALLY don't like "owner" or "master" either) Kate, came out their gate. Of course, I'm entralled with most any dog but Lillie is particularly precious. I've included her photo today for you to see. When I bent down to pat her, she came over & leaned against my shins. Kate reported that Lillie was a rescue dog from the local agency and that they're fairly certain she's a poodle/terrier mix, although she looks a great deal like a Portuguese water dog. Kate & Lillie participate in "Reading with Rover" at the local elementary school and she's a therapy dog as well. So my day started off exceptionally well (getting good news from Nel, in particular). The kids were out after lunch due to school conferences so I got so see Jasmine & Brianna from next door as well. Remember how special it was to get out of school early, particularly on a Friday so you could get a head start on the weekend? Well, we teachers were always excited too!

The guys mainly are working on plywood sheathing at this point. They're ALWAYS checking and rechecking their dimensions - quite comforting for me!

This truly is a small town. Today while I was at Jeanne's picking up some revised plans and "visiting" with the wonderful Mr. B (AKA Mr. Buddha - photo featured today as well), Jeanne came down the stairs with another client. We all talked about how special Mr. B is and went our separate ways. At my next stop as I was leaving, Jeanne's client pulled up with her two pups so we had to ooh & aah over them for awhile. This happened yesterday at the post office and then Aldrich's - you see the same people at your next stop! No wonder everyone seems to know their fellow PTers here!

Well, it's raining an actual rain. Not the usual light drizzle (and we haven't even had much of that lately) but raindrops. I'll take rain ANY time - it's precious.

Hope your weekend is starting off well - ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment