Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Beams



Someday I HAVE to get up early & go watch the guys during the morning hours. When I get there - usually anywhere from 12 to 1 - they've always accomplished so much. Today they had already finished a lot of the plywood sheathing which is starting to REALLY give me a feel for the house. The guest bedroom in the back is almost all sheathed now & that leaves me with the opening for the patio doors and the view from that room. That sliver of Admiralty Inlet is still very visible today and has got me doing mental gymnastics about furniture layout as a result. But there are choices - which is good - it could be a no choice situation (as the upstairs office was before Tamara, Pete & I "tweaked" it).

Today's picture is an odd one. I was trying to get a photo of the incredibly blue sky we had today, as well as the guys starting to add the beams that will support the second floor. Of course that blue sky was being followed by some light rain. When I was talking to Suzette about the windows & doors, I heard what I thought was typing in the background. Nope. Baby hail. Must have been a lot of it for me to hear it over the phone. PT escaped it again (Suzette is in Port Hadlock - down the road).

I'm also attaching a photo I've been meaning to share. This is Nancy's front garden. So you can see that I have a lot to do to even try to stay in her wake if I'm going to be her next-door neighbor. The church across the street from her house is First Presbyterian, established over 125 years ago. The oldest part of the present structure is from 1890 (an older stone church was torn down but you can see its rock in the present day structure's foundation) & has the oldest organ in WA still in its original location. And yes, that's water on the far left edge of the photo!

Stay dry!

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of the blossom trees! What are they Lili? We are just, just beginning to see the trees come into bud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cherry trees from what I've been told - the kind that do not produce cherries, however.

    ReplyDelete