Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

First Floor Interior Framing


You won't be able to see much progress in today's photo because the bulk of it was in the form of interior framing. Loren was there too but I missed him. I can tell he was there because scaffolding has been added and more rebar was sticking out of the freshly poured concrete. I was standing in the middle of an open area when the guys told me I was standing by the sink of the guest bathroom. Sure enough, after they told me, I "got it". After looking at the plans for so long, I can almost tell you exactly where things are on the plywood "floor". Mark decided that I needed to contribute a nail to the process today - with the nail gun. Greg donated his ear protection & Mark showed me exactly how to do it. Of course, I got 2 nails with one trigger motion. Somehow, I don't think that's the way it's supposed to happen! So I have officially worked on my own home now. I think the guys will now take over again & that's a better thing!

It rained last night and is a little chilly today. Still walked over without a coat, however. Could my Texas blood already be thickening?

No comments:

Post a Comment