Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Friday, March 19, 2010

A Welcoming Front Porch


I'm going to have to have a code so you won't "glaze over" when I describe another beautiful day here. I'm just going to say "Glorious". That's my code for a simply incredible day outside in PT.

GLORIOUS!

Walked over to meet Pete at the site this morning & found Jeff & Mike finishing the drainage system and preparing the front porch area for a "pour" next week. It REALLY helped me get a sense of the house's orientation. Don't ask me why a small area helped me more clearly visualize, but it did! Also met with Tracy, the insulation man, who has an encyclopedic knowledge of the subject. Long ago are the days when you just bought "The Pink Panther" variety! Thankfully, PT has a very temperate climate. The average January LOW is 34 and the average July high is 78. And PT gets half the rain of Seattle, which I'm not sure is a good thing. I believe water will be far more precious than oil in the future. I truly hope I'm wrong.

While I was out in the car (an event that is occuring less and less...) I stopped at Dos Okies BBQ. Being from Oklahoma originally, it had piqued my interest. I'd read they were from OKC originally (one Okie, who has since left, was really from CA - his OK connection was a generation or so back). Quickly spoke with the remaining Okie at the PO one rainy day and he said I had to come by to "put a pin in the map". Today I got that pin in the map - along with 300+ other Okies who had previously visited Dos Okies in PT. Cleo, there was one pin on Boise City - we've got to make that at least two!

Today I realized that Friday must be the official "Mow Your Lawn Day" in PT. I saw more mowers out than I had digits to count them today and the aroma of freshly mown grass was heady. Rick, the innkeeper, was out mowing when I walked up after meeting Pete. Needless to say, the windows are open to catch the scent.

Weekend again - may you have "a good one"!

No comments:

Post a Comment