Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Monday, March 22, 2010

A Wall Riseth


Why am I always surprised when I come around the corner each workday? While I knew the "sticks were going to fly" this week, I was still surprised to see this first wall actually up. This is one of the dining room walls. It's actually happening, isn't it? Loren and his assistant were there working on the chimney as well. I'd heard it was going to rise with the rest of the house and so it is.

I spent the afternoon at the PT Library starting to "fine tune" each room. It's the perfect place to spread out papers and have peace & quiet to contemplate minute details. Of course many will avoid my "eagle eye", but I have efficient backup to catch them when I don't. And as an added bonus, I left with my PT library card which even has an additional keytag like Tom Thumb/Safeway.

Can't wait to see which walls spring up tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. This has to be so exciting Lili. Don't forget, that first tear of happiness has to be gently placed on an interior support wall somewhere in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin good girl.... this is the part about building that John and I love... when our work finally starts to be noticeable... the best thing is when we do the finish and maybe install a piece of furniture we have made or restored...... enjoy the journey

    ReplyDelete