Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

You Won't BELIEVE Today's Progress!


Pete & I met at Groves today with Suzette (my Groves wonder woman)to try to get the windows & doors finalized. Thankfully, he told me about the "back way" to get there. PT received stimulus funds to create two roundabouts on Sims Way - the main route in & out of town. This week, they're really making progress on the actual roundabouts, but it means stopping traffic each way for extended periods since Sims is only a 2-lane thoroughfare.

I love the style of the doors & windows I'm getting. Many of the windows are casements which are necessary to be able to water the flower boxes which will be below them. The window boxes & shutters will not be installed until the fall - after the shakes are stained. So even though I'll move in earlier, it won't be "finished" for several months thereafter.

But I was SHOCKED when I pulled up to 523 after our window summit. Can you BELIEVE what the guys accommplished today? I actually stood at the "kitchen window" to look out at what will be the view. I looked out the large living room picture window (unfortunately the view now consists of construction necessities...), the dining room patio doors. And it was a good thing I went by when the guys were still there as they showed me where some of the living room windows would be on the interior wall & it allowed me to make them a bit bigger on the order with Suzette as a result.

Don't think tomorrow can possibly top today!

No comments:

Post a Comment