Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

First Floor Vertical


A wonderful, full day! Tamara & Joe stopped by this morning to see 523. Since Tamara designed it, I could hardly wait for her to see it again. We went on to fine-tune a pesky closet while at 1012. Isn't it amazing how the LITTLE things in a house can drive you to distraction if it's not right? Closet size is right up there. But that closet didn't stand a chance with both of us scrutinizing it for my office needs! We then walked around Uptown looking for a real-life example (I'm a visual!) of how Tamara wants to better protect the patio doors on the ground level from the elements. We walked by Charlie & Barbara's house where I first met the guys when they were previously working there. Charlie & Barbara are currently converting an additional part of their historic property into their B&B (the carriage house is now being remodeled and will have the most incredible view - and it's only a small part of Barbara's beautiful garden). Charlie gave Tamara the tour. It's always interesting to see the ideas that others bring to their remodels. Such a warm house it is, particularly the grandkids' room!

By the end of the day when I took this photo, all the outside wall framing on the lower level was completed except for the outer garage wall. And another shock! I can see the water from the guest bedroom's patio door opening! I NEVER expected that! I don't know how much longer it will be visible as there is a tree full of buds which will probably be in the way later. But for now, the water's right there! Walking home, I stopped at Bud's (my other next door neighbor who sold me the property). While I was standing on his elevated front porch, I noticed that there's a VERY good chance that while in the upstairs master bedroom, I'll see the water from a different vantage point than I'd expected. At the rate the guys are going, I'll be up on the second level checking it out before you know it!

It's flying, isn't it?

Oh - and "GLORIOUS"!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think it so amazing Lili that you know everyone involved in your house. What a very special place this is going to be.

    ReplyDelete