Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Monday, March 15, 2010

The Floor Riseth!



Well, today's main errand really got to me! It was time to register the car in WA and get new plates. While that's no biggie, giving up my Texas Animal Friendly plates was difficult - they have Bear's nickname "SQEKR" on them. You wouldn't believe all the comments I've gotten on those plates over the years - even had one here this morning while filling up. Most people assume it's because the car squeaks - I've always joked that first Lexus - and now BMW - wasn't happy with this "advertising". So now I have my WA "generic" plates...

I DO wonder when all these types of necessary errands will be completed. Still working on my driver's license up here - waiting on something from Qwest showing I actually LIVE here and they're the only ones that will have something official enough to pass. Since I don't live at 523 yet, they won't take any of the voluminous documentation I have for that address. But this too shall pass.

I'm always surprised when I drive up to 523 at the end of the day to see what's been accomplished. The floor is coming along quite quickly, isn't it? Someday I'm going to just sit over there all day and see how they do this. All I can tell you is that their work is elegant. I struggled to find an adjective, but that's the best I can come up with. Strange way to describe it, I know. You'd just have to see it!

1 comment:

  1. Elegant is a beautiful word for work done with your hands. I understand the grief you are going through trying to establish yourself 'technically' in your new home. We've done it several times in many different countries. Bureaucracy is universal Lili!

    ReplyDelete