Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Monday, March 29, 2010

False Alarm


Well, everything about the early afternoon said a storm was coming. 90% chance of rain had been predicted in the form of a possible thunderstorm (apparently a bit unusual around here), maybe some hail even. The drops started falling when I'd just walked over to the site to meet Barry, who will be doing tilework at 523. I've toughened up - I don't put the umbrella up at the first drop anymore. Actually haven't had the umbrella out for almost a month now but I had shoved it into my pocket after scanning the ominous sky which turned out to be a good thing later. The guys started "battening down" as well - we had fierce winds again yesterday and had a forecast of 25 MPH (tame!) for today. So we all scattered & by the time I walked back here the umbrella was up & I was holding on to it. Then, within 5 minutes, the sun was out! Renton, which is close to Seattle, had so much hail that it looked like snow. So I guess Trixie (my car - long story) was lucky to have missed that since she has to sit outside all the time until "her" garage is completed.

And speaking of garages, this morning the guys got the remaining wall framed & were busy working on more plywood sheathing when the rain started. In today's shot, Patrick is hoisting the plywood up to the "living room" to as to protect it from the elements. And no, the dining room has not disappeared - it's still there!

We used to say that if you didn't like the weather in Texas to just wait a while. Sounds like that old saying applies here as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment