Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sleepy Saturday


After staying up WAY too late last night (I started watching "The Proposal" at 1:00am...) I got off to a late start this morning. But when I DID get going, I criss-crossed this "huge metropolis" so many times that the car was totally confused. I still haven't gotten my routes down where they make sense & are in "order". But with each wrong turn, I learn a little more about PT.

Among many other stops, I went to The Food Co-op today. It's PT's best place for a great variety of healthy foods. Types of apples I've never heard of, cheeses I've never seen, magazines I've never read, the best egg salad this side of the Mississippi (not exotic, just good), and they even have my old-fashioned glass refrigerator storage containers! Today they hosted a local organic farm just outside one of the entrances. Their aim is to provide their members with the best possible choices and considering this time of year, they're doing a great job. I've heard that the building at one time was a bowling alley. Today's photo of The Co-op doesn't show it in its best light, but you should see it in the fall when the walls are covered with ivy in the most incredible shades of gold & red.

Tomorrow? A favorite breakfast spot in PT. Don't forget to set your clocks back!

No comments:

Post a Comment