Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Full Wall Forms


This was NOT my most personally productive day! I drove over to Port Angeles (about 45 miles away - it's where you take the ferry to Victoria Island) to get an "enhanced" driver's license. Enhanced licenses are only available at select driver's license offices and this was my closest one. With an enhanced license, you can go to/return from Canada, Mexico & the Caribbean without a passport if by any means of transportation other than air. Since Victoria & Vancouver B.C. are so close, I thought it would be nice to have just one form of ID to take with me. But today didn't get it done (temporary address was the problem) so I'll return later.

Stopped in Sequim to look at stone for the outside of the chimney and came up empty handed there too. Won't be a problem for long, but today just wasn't the day.

I got back around 5:00 and took today's photo. It was quite cold this morning when I stopped by 523 before hitting the road. The guys were doing the last preparation work for the noon wall form pour. When I got back this afternoon, the forms were filled to the brim and the chimney had a dose as well. The concrete will sit tomorrow and the forms will be removed on Thursday if all goes as planned.

You have to have a day like this every once in awhile, but they're not my favorite since I love the feeling of ticking something off the list each day. Maybe I'll tick TWO off tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. You may not have been productive...but your house certainly was!

    ReplyDelete