Port Townsend

Port Townsend
With credit to the fabulous unknown photographer - it certainly wasn't me!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Now it starts to rise


523 is taking its first vertical steps. The guys are now working on the forms to create the wall sections with a pour predicted for early next week. They are looking forward to being "out of the dirt" (did I get that right, guys?) which will happen in a week or so. I think it's more psychological than anything - plus it's probably more fun at that stage too. Just look what they accomplished today!

Lots of errands today, still related to "getting settled". I keep thinking I'm through with them but they keep coming. Another musing about this small town is that the gas station still takes personal checks! And it's the Safeway gas station - not an "independent". When was the last time someone would take your personal check for gas? OK, Cleo, I know where you live this isn't unusual, but for most of us, it is! As most of you know, there's no way I'm going to pass up an opportunity for AAdvantage points, so I'll not be writing one; BUT how wonderful that it's still possible for others. I think it tells you alot without elaboration.

While on those errands early this afternoon, I was shocked that the car said it was only 54 degrees. Felt like 70 to me. BUT when Pete & I met at 4:30 with Loren, who will be constructing the fireplace, while it was still about 50 I was freezing. What a difference the sun makes. But it still doesn't make sense to me. Another thing I'll eventually "get", I suppose.

Can't wait to see tomorrow's continuing progress (and the gorgeous weather that's forecast for the area!)

No comments:

Post a Comment